Levees provide flood, storm, and hurricane protection along rivers and waterways, and millions of people live and work in areas protected by levees. Experience in levee engineering matters and is important to successfully design, inspect, and maintain the critical function of levee systems.
RJH has been providing levee engineering services to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) since 2009. As part of this work, we have performed periodic inspections for 20 levee systems totaling more than 200 miles. RJH has inspected embankments, pump stations, interior drainage features, bypass channels, relief well systems, and many types of gates. We have also developed repair designs for levees that have been damaged by floods, and performed design reviews for levee repairs and improvements designed by others.
Our levee engineering services include:
- Levee repair and improvement design
- Hydrology and hydraulic analyses
- Geotechnical investigations and analyses
- Risk assessments
- Instrumentation and monitoring programs
- Quality assurance and design reviews
- Construction management services