Our most experienced clients know that the greatest risk and uncertainty on their projects is often underground – that’s why they turn to our team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists for reliable site characterization and practical solutions. RJH is an industry leader in investigating, evaluating, and identifying solutions to overcome challenges to projects presented by variable soil, rock, and groundwater conditions.
We offer a full range of geotechnical and geological engineering services – primarily in support of our dam, levee, reservoir, and water conveyance practices – but also for geostructural applications including excavation support systems, earthen retention systems, and foundations.
We know that effective geotechnical engineering includes more than just performing investigations; it involves the art of interpreting site conditions and understanding how these integrate with design. Our team includes several experts with dual licensure as professional engineers and professional geologists. This integrated knowledge in both geotechnical engineering and geology allows us to effectively identify key data and information needed early in the project to properly characterize a site and develop reliable geotechnical design solutions.
Our geotechnical and geologic engineering services include:
- Geologic mapping and site characterization
- Soil drilling and rock coring
- Geotechnical instrumentation
- Finite element modeling
- Groundwater modeling
- Seepage, slope stability, settlement, and deformation analyses
- Slope and embankment design
- Slurry trench, cutoff wall, clay liner, and geomembrane liner system design
- Shallow and deep foundations
- Earth retention system design including soil nails, rock anchors, and mechanically stabilized earth walls