- B.S. in Civil, Construction, or Geological Engineering is preferred.
- 5 to 15 years of progressive experience in the construction of dams, levees, water resources, or heavy civil projects.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, specifications, and construction techniques and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in remote locations for extended periods.
- Colorado Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain Colorado P.E. within 6 months of hire is preferred.
Work will include leading field engineering activities on construction projects including interfacing with the contractor, owner, and RJH engineering staff. Responsibilities include performing construction observations and inspection, responding to contractor requests for information, documenting construction activities, developing engineer directives, tracking work progress, and directing quality assurance activities. The position will require travel and temporary relocation to project sites for extended periods. When not in the field, work will include performing engineering analyses, civil design for dams and water resources projects, and developing construction drawings and specifications.