- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Colorado Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain Colorado P.E. within 6 months of hire.
- Eight to 20 years of structural analyses and design engineering experience.
- Experience in structural analyses and design related to dams and water conveyance facilities is preferred.
- Project management experience preferred but not required.
- Thorough understanding of structural analysis principles and design, material selection and design, reinforced concrete design (ACI), steel design (AISC), code compliance, and structure stability analyses.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Civil 3D preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and structural analysis packages.
Lead a team of junior staff or self-perform the following for dams and related water supply infrastructure:
- Inspection and structural assessment of existing structures and structures under construction, including preparation of associated reports.
- Structural engineering analyses, computer modeling, and design calculations.
- Preparation of preliminary and final design drawings for reinforced concrete and steel structures and associated elements.
- Preparation of design technical memorandums, reports, and specifications.
- Maintenance and enforcement of code compliance and applicable standards.
- Technical review of construction documents.
- Travel on temporary assignments as needed.
- Development of effective work plans (with associated schedules and budgets) to address technical challenges.
- Performance of and leading work with excellent technical quality, and delivering services within agreed-upon schedules and budgets.
- Assistance with mentoring and developing junior staff’s technical capabilities.